There was a time not so very long ago that I wondered where I would be a few weeks after Wrath went live. I wondered how the new areas would “feel”. That was one thing I really could not check on the Beta. In my opinion the character of the zone, the whole server in fact, is made up from the collection of personalities that hang out there. They were not all in the Beta, so there was no “feel” for the place.
What has the feel been? Mostly positive. The asshats are pretty badly outnumbered by decent folk. I do have one beef however, apparently others do as well. Death Knights who use their purple ray of “get over here, I want to beat on you” to snatch quest mobs away from those who actually are waiting their turn.
Perhaps its just something Arthas taught them in their 3 level Death Knight boot camp.
The worst however so far was a 71 Warrior who was questing away in the Borean Tundra while I was farming there on Drupadi. I can understand his frustration, but before you call someone out at least make sure you know what your talking about. I never actually saw the person, I just got whispered buy him. It went something like this:
- A-hole [71 Warrior] Thanks for being such a *&$^%. Quit stealing all my mobs you @$#%#$@ Noob. All you have to do is wait your turn like everyone else, a little politeness goes a long way!
- Drupadi [72 Hunter] I don’t see you, what is it that I am kill-stealing? (wondering if my gorilla was aggroing something I was unaware of)
- A-hole [71 Warrior] You who I am! I am jumping up and down right behind you! You are stealing all the dogs with your damn purple DK lazer beam! (still don’t know for sure what mobs he meant, perhaps the ones up by Fizzlecranks airport for the poop quest)
- Drupadi [72 Hunter] I don’t know who you are but I am grinding Caribou for chilled meat, and I am a Hunter not a Death Knight.
crickets chirping awaiting response…………
- Drupadi [72 Hunter] I understand mistakes can happen and you obviously mistook me for someone else, however a simple “sorry ’bout that” might be in order. After all, a little politeness goes a long way.
- [You are now being ignored by A-hole]
Judging by the amount of hate and discontent this person was spewing into general chat as well he was “unhappy’ with the current state of the game. More specifically he was unhappy that there were in fact other (gasp) people playing at the same time. Apparently this somehow caused greater inconvenience for him than it did for anyone else. With any luck he will go find something more enjoyable to do with his time.
Perhaps fighting with other kids on the playground over who get to go first in kickball.